Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Feel So Much Better!

The little guy finally made it here.

He arrived on Sunday morning at 5 a.m. He weighed in at 8 lb 7 oz, and is 19 inches long. He is a lovely baby, quite calm and alert. He has figured out the nursing thing quickly and even takes a pacifier.

We are loving every minute with him and I often have to resort to the "I'm the mother" card so I can get a turn holding him.

It was a simple, uncomplicated birth and I feel great. I'm tired, which is to be expected.
Fun fact: He did have a knot tied in his cord. I've got the makings of a Scout on my hands, I guess.

5 comments:

  1. Aww He's so cute!! the cord thing is creepy though.

    I'll have to come see him when I'm not contagious. Glad everyone is doing well.
    What's his name? Do you know it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH CONGRATS!!!!! He's precious!!

    So glad it was an uncomplicated birth for you - makes it so much easier.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie. Glad the knot in the cord didn't cause any problems. He looks healthy! I'm glad you feel so much better. Even tho' with sleep deprivation, I'd rather be holding the baby in my arms than in my belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had a baby and you have time to leave comments?? You're a saint.
    And EIGHT? We have five because 6 is too many...
    Thanks so much for stopping by and TAKE A NAP FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's beautiful! Congratulations!

    The cord is very... purple.

    ReplyDelete