Tuesday, April 07, 2009

In Need of Hope...

This has been a very hard week for me and my family. It seems that trouble has found us and is loathe to leave. When I was growing up in my very small hometown, it seemed like serious illness and death occurred in groups of 3. (Maybe we're just pattern-noticers or superstitious!) And it's happened again. Two people who I love dearly have been diagnosed with that big nasty C-word.
CANCER!!
One is a first diagnosis and hopefully it has been caught soon enough to take care of. The other is someone who has fought this battle before, and it's come back again. This time it looks like it might be the last fight. Then we received word that Aunt Joann passed away last night after a long fight with Lyme disease. It was so painful watching a lovely, vibrant woman wither away. As always, I feel so thankful that she is released from the pain and physical suffering she endured, but I ache for her children and for Uncle Keith. This is the second wife he has attended through a long illness and death. I'm finding it really hard right now to have a happy countenance or a cheerful outlook. I can only imagine how I would be feeling if I did not have the knowledge of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to give me hope. I can see how things like this would make life seem truly hopeless. I know that He is aware of all that we go through and can succor us in our times of need, and that through His love I will be able to feel hope and peace again and put on a smile for my family.

3 comments:

  1. This is me sending you a big hug. Your family is very strong and whatever happens, just know that we are all praying for your mother and want the very best for her. No matter what happens,you still need to hold out hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS)))

    Having just lost Dad to cancer, I know just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kassie,
    Glad I found you! Many people live many years after that C diagnosis! Praying that will be your family's experience!

    ReplyDelete