Monday, June 29, 2015

Welch Reunion - Day in the Mountains

On Wednesday we were free to choose what we wanted to do. So we all split up and went in separate directions. We went up Beaver Creek with Kyle and his kids to hike. What an amazing, beautiful place. We actually crossed the state line into Idaho and found a campground to park in with a potty and a nice mountain to climb once you crossed the stream. It was so lush and green and ahhhhh. I love being in the mountains. It is one of my sweet spots where I feel relaxed and closer to Heavenly Father. I am always in awe of the beauty to be found in the mountains in the summer.
Charlie picked me some wildflowers. How I love that sweet face!

Trying to find the best way across the stream

Someone was hogging the log bridge...

James also picked me a tiny flower. How can you resist that face? I can't.


Soren begrudgingly let me take a picture of him staring off into the distance.  He's growing into a pretty amazing guy.

This guy is really my favorite! Looking a little mountain-mannish here, but I'll keep him!

Again, trying to put myself in the pictures. I just LOVE all the GREEN! Makes my heart sing.

Heading up the hill...



Some of the lovely wildflowers we found on our climb. Getting pretty high up.

A view from our stopping point. Way down at the bottom of the valley, our Suburbans are parked in the campground  (center of picture just at the treeline)

Time to head back down

We stopped at some beaver dams on the way back to check them out. We saw no beavers, but did find some cool beaver-chewed sticks.




We also stopped in this field covered in these crazy yellow flowers that smelled somewhat like chocolate. Sadie had gotten sunburned the day before and chose to stay at the house. We missed her, especially for the pictures.

crazy picture
Cambria, Charlie, Soren, James, Hannah

Then we had all the kids get together for a photo
Back L-R: Noah, Lexie, Cambria, Weston, Hannah, Isabelle
Front L-R: Nash, Charlie, Soren, James, Eli

Showing their true colors


Of course, you can't visit Garden City without stopping for a raspberry shake. There are plenty of places to choose from, so we just picked one and loaded up. What a fun day spent with some of our favorite cousins. 



No comments:

Post a Comment