Saturday, September 06, 2014

Floor waxing dates!!

During the summer Curtis has to redo the finish on the floors at the high school. The last two years I've helped him with this job. He sands the old finish off and cleans the floors and then I help put the new finish on. I get to wear an awesome backpack pump sprayer. I spray the finish and Curtis uses a mop to spread it thinly and evenly on the tile floors. It take 3 coats to get the desired finish. So we put one layer on then sit in his office while it dries. We repeat to the third layer, then clean up and head home. It's best to do this while the school is empty so it's usually later at night or on the weekend.
Curtis and his trusty mop. It's so slippery I don't know how he keeps on his feet!

Lovely selfie of me and my trusty backpack! I've told Curtis that when I'm 60 I don't think I'll be able to carry that thing around. It holds 5 gallons of floor finish!!

Funny from the first year: we were going to put the second layer on a floor and as I was heading across the floor to the starting point I was pumping to build up pressure. I felt a spray coming down on me and wondered what it was but kept pumping. We finally realized the hose from the tank to the wand was loose and it was wax spraying up into the air with every pump I pumped! I was covered in floor finish. It was very funny. I was just pumping away saying, 'What's the spray?' 'Where's that coming from?'
Sidenote* it made GREAT haurspray! It took quite a bit of time in the shower and a lot of shampoo to get it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment