Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Not again....

Looked out our upstairs window today and saw this sight. Three police vehicles in our driveway. Apparently they were looking for a man who walked through our driveway and off the hill who had a gun and is known to be suicidal. Jim, Chief Adair, and Bryan Adams of UHP did some tracking and found where he went. Jim actually tracked him quite a ways down into the creek bottom and up the hill to the south of us. He then decided he didn't need to die in a gun fight 2 months before he retires.....so he dropped back to his house and his car. I haven't heard any more about it at this point.

As all of this was unfolding my mind was flashing back to several other times we've had police 'in our driveway' so to speak.

The first one I remember is when we were first married and living in the old house on Main in Pleasant Grove. It had snowed and we were outside playing in it in our front yard. Curtis tackled me and was trying to whitewash my face when a cop car pulled up and the officer asked me if I was ok? I laughingly told him I was fine but he looked a little skeptical....

Next one was when we were living in our first condo in Mesa. Some guys a couple of doors down were drinking and playing cards and Russian roulette along with it. Unfortunately, someone's luck had run out that night. There were a lot of sirens and lights and tears on shocked faces that night.

Next, in our second condo in Mesa. Our front door looked out onto a wall that ran between the complex and a canal that ran through town. We were lying in bed when we started to hear a helicopter and its searchlight kept shining in our bedroom window. Then we began to hear shouts and commotion. Turns out some fugitive they were looking for had been running down along the canal and decided to jump the wall into the complex and got himself arrested on our doorstep. I hid.

The last one I remember was when we lived in Provo. It was almost lunch time and some cops pulled a car over right in front of our house and they came at the car from all directions with guns drawn because a couple of the people in the car had bolted through my neighbors yard. Anyway, right as the cops were yelling at the people left in the car to get out and had guns pointing west, who should come traipsing home from school for lunch, right around the corner and into the line of fire???? Jordan and Montana. I had been watching from my window and when I saw my boys I panicked. I ran right out there and grabbed them and pulled them into the house! Actually I probably opened the door and yelled for them to hurry home. ;)

I'm thankful none of the police 'in our driveway' incidents have been related to us. I'm thankful for the risks they take to keep the peace. Grateful for their efforts and the sacrifices they and their families make!

Good things:
Mothers Who Know class I'm taking...
Garden really booming thanks to all the rain...
Hannah excited about cheer camp and her new uniforms...

No comments:

Post a Comment