Thursday, April 04, 2013

life now


So that's how it ended and where we are today. When I got home I continued the Lovenox until I had enough Coumadin in me to stop the Lovenox. Thankfully, the Coumadin is about $8 for a month's worth of meds. It is not something I wanted to be on forever, it is not a thing you want in your body, they use it for rat poison! But it is effective and so I took it until the six month mark from my PE. It made my hair brittle, but I didn't notice any really bad effects from it. I am thankful that it kept me from forming any new clots while the old ones aged and hardened and didn't launch any more emboli.

Last week I went to see Dr. Black and look at the results of the blood tests I had done in Sept. He said that he could not see any reason to keep taking the Coumadin.  My test results all indicated normal blood clotting. He did ask me to take a baby aspirin daily for now. I am happy to do that. 

After getting the okay to be done with Coumadin, I had a ceremonial smashing of the remaining pills. I hope I never need them again. I hope this was an isolated incident and that there will not be a repeat of it.



Its an interesting place that Curtis and I find ourselves now.  We have been having children for so long, that's really all we know. I don't think  either of us had any idea we'd have so many, but we are thankful for the wonderful family we have. As we look to the future, we are excited to be moving to the grandparent stage, where the new people entering our family are coming by marriage and someone's womb besides mine. It is a bittersweet thing to come to the end of the childbearing era, and we mourn the child that could have been. I know that Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning and will make all things right for that child as well as for me and that he knows that in a different situation I would have been willing to try again to give that spirit a mortal body. As it was, it just couldn't be. I have felt His comfort as I have pondered and mourned this event. I am thankful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation and happiness that gives us understanding of this mortal journey. It surely brings peace to know that someone is in charge and all will be made right. And that someday we will understand why things had to be as they are.  

In a couple of weeks, Jordan will be married. He met his fiancĂ©, Lindsey, in ID and it has been such a good thing for him. He has direction in his life now. He is registered to start school and knows what he wants to study. We are so thrilled to see so much good in his life. The gospel is such a blessing. The sealing of two people to each other is such a blessing.  We cannot wait to be part of the beginning of yet one more eternal family in the Seattle Temple. (pictures will be forthcoming)

No comments:

Post a Comment