Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Shoe Redo

I finally decided to be brave and attempt some minor shoe fix-up. Paint scares me for some reason but I decided I had very little to lose with these two pairs of shoes. I've had these LEI ruffly flats for a year since I began dressing my truth. They were a great color to begin with, but you can see the wear on them and they were becoming quite useless to me. Not nice enough for Church anymore.
you'd think I used them for brakes when I ride a bike or something.
This pair of wedges I bought a couple of years ago looking for a fun pair of sandals. I think they have T2 characteristics. The cascading flowers and the straps are soft suede. Unfortunately they are black. Yup, that color I don't wear anymore. So it was either paint them or DI them. 
You can see my expert painting techniques here. Stuffing them with grocery bags and taping off the heels. Pro.

I used Krylon Brushed Metallic spray-paint in the Brushed Nickel color. Here are the results. I am pretty happy with them and I think I'll get lots more wear out of them. You can hardly see the scuff marks!
And here are the wedges. I think they turned out very cool. The flowers are more visible and the straps have an almost sparkly look because of the suede. Can't really see that in the photo. So excited to have some heels to wear now!
And just for fun, thought I'd share the new sandals I found. Another LEI shoe from Walmart. I got them to wear to Youth Conference because we were going to be doing a lot of walking and I didn't want to wear something between my toes or shoes that would give me blisters. I need to get some silver nail polish and cover the rivets which are a yellowy color, but they are so comfy and have a slight wedge heel to them. Sort of dressy but comfy casual at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you the crafty one! I have stuff put aside to refashion but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out so great!!! Love both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete