Thursday, April 19, 2012

Signs of Spring

Some photo evidence that Spring is trying to make her grand entrance here in the high desert.
The first burst of yellow I found in my lawn. I used to curse dandelions, now I love to see their sunny cheerfulness after a long, dreary, gray winter.
 That south-facing flower bed always has the first blooms of the season. Hardy little grape hyacinths thrust their heads up through whatever is there, snow or hard, sunbaked soil.
Yellow has long been my favorite color. I know Spring is truly on its way when the forsythia blooms.
 
Promise of lavender splendor. It may be an old-fashioned flowering bush but I can't think of Spring without thinking of lilacs. Spring brings with it the promise of new life and opportunity. It's no wonder that Spring is my favorite season.
(all this and fewer bugs! LOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment