Thursday, April 03, 2008

Holy, Moly!

So much for the promised pictures. Curtis moved my washer and dryer before I could take 'before' pictures and the 'new' laundry room is still such a mess, drywall torn up to move ductwork and such that I don't want to take any 'after' pictures yet. But I promise, when this is done, I'll post a boatload.
Today they went and got the siding for the addition part. That is all we are siding right now, just need to have a 'finished' addition to satisfy the lenders. Eventually we will do the whole house. We are using Hardie board plank siding. Here's the color we want. It will be 7 in. planks with 5.5 inch trim around the edges and windows/doors. At the gable ends we have a 12 in. 'belly band' and above it will be board and batten. They got the trim up on the addition today and it's going to be AWESOME. I will have the coolest looking house on our street.
The trim will be all white, the cedar plank siding will be 'heathered moss' and we will have black accents, (lights, shutters, doors, etc.)
C got all the sheetrock hung, but he is having trouble with his right wrist and arm so we may be hiring a friend of ours to do the actual taping part, if he's willing. I didn't know til last night that C has been hurting for over a week. No wonder it's been a slow process to get all the sheetrock up, he was having trouble gripping the sheetrock and the sheetrock screwgun.
We also picked out our flooring. We decided to go with unfinished solid wood hickory. I LOVE hickory, I love the contrast in color and grain. Love the warm tones it brings in and I love that it's harder than oak, so I'm hoping it will wear well. We decided to go with painted/distressed black/brown cabinets on all our base cabinets and the uppers will be painted oatmeal with a dark brown glaze rubbed on. We may even throw in a red or green cabinet here or there. Love the mismatched look. I thought we would go with IKEA cabinets, but they are all so modern looking and I'm just a country hick at heart. I need a farmhouse, rustic look to feel comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. I can;t wait to see the pictures! I love the color combo you are going to do. I love the mismatched look too.

    ReplyDelete