Friday, April 06, 2007

SHS Easter Version

Easter is not really a big deal at our house. Not that we don't love and appreciate the reason for the holiday, but the whole Easter bunny, basket, new dress stuff just isn't a big deal here. Sometimes I feel really bad about that.....but not too bad. We did run and pick up a few things for the baskets at WalMart tonight and I have a turkey thawing for Sunday dinner. I need to make rolls tomorrow and check the rest of the menu. This will be the first big Easter dinner we've done, but I think that's a tradition I'd rather have than the flagrant spending of more money. I know that I need to do a better job of helping the kids(and myself) remember why we really celebrate Easter. What traditions do you have that help you remember the real reason?

I'm trying to be the first to post on Lara's SHS this time. So I'll be brief. Had a so-so week. I don't think I did any of my habits every single day but everything has been worked on and I think that's a pretty good habit!

Going to add flossing to my face washing this week. I really should have this habit down, after all I am a trained dental assistant. I KNOW how important flossing is and how many problems it prevents, but for some reason I have never been in the habit of doing it on a regular basis. So that's my newbie for the week. Have a great one!

6 comments:

  1. The week before Easter we just like to talk a lot about what we are celebrating. We still do a little egg hunt, but we don't do it on Easter.

    Good luck flossing. I finally think that is a habit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to phase out the easter bunny stuff but I don't think it will ever happen because my in-laws would have to die first. I told my husband today that where were going to take our scriptures over there this time and have a lesson. At least we'll have something spiritual to go with all the fun and games!

    I didn't start flossing until I dated a dentist and he humiliated me into doing it! Even then I didn't do it every day but after I was married and paid thousands of dollars to fix my rotting teeth I started flossing. Now I can't go to bed without it!

    Have a great Easter Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big flosser (except when I know the dental appt is coming) but my hygenist recommended trying floss-ups - the little plastic things that look like a two-prong fork (only much much smaller) with floss running between the prongs. They work great and aren't messy or anything to use, so I use them fairly often now.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea Tricia. I have my kids use those because they are easier for them to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things that we have used have been resurrection cookies and eggs that have the story of Jesus's last days in them. We usually tell the Easter story over and over the week before Easter, as well. And we read from each of the gospels to get all the perspectives.

    And good luck on flossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really like the commercial part of Easter. I just really enjoy going to church and having dinner together with my family.

    ReplyDelete