Tuesday, November 21, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I love Thanksgiving, don't you? My kids have this whole week off from school and I'm taking the time to catch up on some stuff that needed to be done, appts and such, and wishing I hadn't let things pile up so that I could stay home and just hang out with them. We are looking forward to spending time on Thursday with our Welch family....Nathan and Lori are hosting this year (again, that's what happens when you have the largest house). Curtis's parents flew in yesterday from GA and will be here a week. They asked me to bring rolls to dinner. Said that my rolls had been requested.????? What??? I don't make rolls except maybe once a year. I told them I would have to practice all week to make sure I had any that were edible.

Yesterday I got to go to the court building and sign myself up for traffic school. It was embarrassing. But I managed to make it through the ordeal and I get to go to traffic school on Dec 9. What a way to spend a Saturday.

I would much rather spend it like I spent last Saturday. Stacy and Stewart visited us and I went to the temple with them. I hadn't been in the longest time, it's hard when you are pregnant and then have a new baby. So I really enjoyed being there and the peace. Then Stacy and I did some shopping while Stewart went to the BYU game and then we got pizza for the kids and we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was a full day, but very enjoyable. Funny how it's so hard to get together with them when they only live 70 miles away. But they're busy and so are we. We'll just have to make it a priority.

Well, better go get my day started so I can be productive today. Got rolls to practice and Visiting Teaching and running to do......among other things.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Thanksgiving too. I cook and bake so many things, but I haven't made alot of rolls. That is one thing I want to master...mostly because I really love a good roll. :o)

    ReplyDelete