Sunday, March 01, 2015

My baby is 4!

Every year starting in January with Soren's birthday we enter one of our "birthday seasons" where we have a couple or more birthdays within a few days of each other. We have two boys with birthdays in
February, the oldest (Jordan turned 26) and the youngest, James. This year James was hitting the big 4! It hardly seemed possible that my baby could be turning 4. Very soon we will hit the point where it will have been the longest time in my married life that I have not been pregnant or holding a new baby. I have been counting forward to that point and it's nearly here. Yikes, it makes me feel old. 
Anyway, James helped make his own cake since he really likes to cook with me. (And lick the beaters!)

Another low-key family birthday celebration. We lit candles, sang, and he blew them out. Then he got to open his gifts and then the eating(wasting) of cake began. I don't know why my kids like to take huge pieces of cake, take two bites, then throw the rest away, but that's how it almost always plays out. Oh, well. 

This year James got a super hero cape and mask, some transformer type toys and a new cool retro/vintage lunchbox with cowboys on it, also lots of money that he promptly spent on new Legos, Legos are the toys of choice around here and are well worth the cost. They entertain my little guys for hours and days on end, 

Happy Birthday James!! We are so blessed to have you in our family. You keep us hopping and add lots of excitement to our lives. Hopefully your dad and I will survive your growing up years. Whew!!










No comments:

Post a Comment