Thursday, April 14, 2016

Montana and Katie Visit

Montana and Katie came to visit us during their break between semesters. We were so excited to have them here. It was Katie's first time here and it had been 16 months since Montana had been home! It was definitely time for a visit. 

They came late on Saturday night, after spending most of the weekend with Katie's family. (Her brother got married) We enjoyed a nice, peaceful Sunday together, with a little Strawberry shortcake to sweeten the day.

I LOVED this! The boys wanted me to get out all the family pictures so their wives could see how cute they were as kids. I loved that we all sat around and looked at pictures and reminisced. Perfect activity for my little T2 heart!


Everyone chowing down on strawberry shortcake...

It's a favorite springtime treat :)

On Monday we decided to play tourist and go to the Needles Overlook and then to Moab to the Rock Shop and lunch. The last time I was at the Needles I was incredibly nervous that one of my little guys would be running and slip and then slide right under the fence and off the edge. It was very nerve-wracking. This day we only had one little guy with us and he is now big enough to allow me to be a little less overwhelmed when we're out in nature. It was a beautiful day weather-wise and it was fun to show Katie some of the amazing places near our home. I think I need visitors more often so I can get out and enjoy them too.
Montana and Katie taking a selfie

James loved all the rocks and lizards and 'hiking' I had a hard time keeping up with him and Curtis 



         It's a long way off the edge….Here you can see the Abajo mountains in the background


We just circled around the point following the fence line and looking at the immensity of the desert below us



 Looking over the edge. It makes me dizzy, as its hard to tell where the ground is, 
since everything is the same color

We went on to Moab and ate lunch at the Branding Iron. It's become our favorite place to eat there. Then we went to the Moab Rock Shop and meandered around. It was my first time there and there is SO much to look at. I found a few beautiful rocks but didn't buy them because I had no idea what I'd do with them if I bought them. Montana bought a couple and James bought a crystal arrowhead. It's a great place for those who are enamored with rocks. 

My mom and Hugh were just coming back to Bluff from Price, so we stayed at the Rock Shop and met them there so they could say hi to Montana and Katie. We had had a plan to go to Bluff that morning, but then found out they weren't even there, so we headed north instead. And I'm glad we did. It was a great day.


Montana and Katie left to go back to Rexburg the next day. I am so thankful that they took the time and made the long drive to visit us. It was wonderful to have them here! Thanks for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment