Friday, April 04, 2014

Art Show/Farewell to the old school

The last big event ever held at the old elementary school. All the children in the school created a piece of art and it was all displayed along the hallways of the school. Each class also made a piece of art to be auctioned off, to raise money for a statue for the new school.
Here is Soren with his take on Sunflowers. Gosh, he's getting big.
My favorite 2nd grader!

anyone who ever attended school there or worked there was encouraged to write their name on a block in the main hall. Since I was the only Barton there I wrote down everyone from our family who went there.
Or so I thought. After I got home I realized I hadn't put down Karla's kids. I was only thinking of mine and the ones who no longer live in town. :(

Good Things:
Community support at school functions/events
amazing icy blue eyes!
Close enough to home that not everyone had to come with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment