Thursday, February 27, 2014

'My bone not broken'

James began complaining that I was hurting him when I picked him up and then for several days he had a red patch on the inner end of his left collarbone, it seemed swollen, and if it was touched he said it hurt.
He had fallen off one of the kitchen stools so I decided to take him to the clinic to have it looked at. Better safe than sorry.
The PA didn't think it was broken, he had full use of his arm but because of the lump and swelling, she suggested an X-ray.
We walked over to the hospital and again our friend LeaAnn took a couple of X-rays of his chest.
The verdict? Not broken. He may have just bruised it when he fell or in some other way. 
We kept the paper copy of his xray on the fridge for a while and every time he saw it he would declare, 'my bone not broken!'

No comments:

Post a Comment