Monday, January 27, 2014

Scripture Journal

So a couple of years ago I learned about scripture journals. I came across the idea somehow and was led to Shannon's website where she shares the why and how of keeping scripture journals. (Hers are beautiful and somewhat intimidating!)
So I gave myself an empty book and pens for Christmas. I dutifully numbered the pages and wrote topics at the top of each page and then I did nothing much with it. I did enter in some quotes I liked and doodled a bit here and there, but for some reason I am/was scared to do the studying and actually fill those blank pages up.
This year, I've made a goal to become more consistent at not only reading the scriptures but I want to actually study them and record what I learn so that I can become a "sister scriptorian". I want to learn to feast on them, and liken them to myself and I want to be able to teach my children from them and teach them to love them.

I have noticed in the last few months that Cambria's scriptures look much more well-used than mine do and mine are significantly older. I know she is being taught to use and search them in seminary and for some reason I want mine to look like hers. Full of quotes and notes and well-worn pages.

I have recently come across another website where Allison K shares how she keeps scripture and conference journals. (Hers are truly works of art, as she is an artist by trade, and entirely intimidating) I would love mine to look as lovely as hers, but I don't see that happening. However I can glean, from these websites, ideas that I can use to make my journal(s) my own and make them a treasure not only for myself but for those who come after me.

Here's to a much more scripture-filled 2014.

Good Things
So many resources to study the word of God
Others who share their wisdom and creativity
A conversation with a son who is at an exciting time of life. College. So many decisions to make and so much life ahead. I'm excited to see what he does with his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment