Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who?? Me??

"Are you kidding?"



"You can't be serious."



He was. The Bishop. Calling me to be the Primary President.



Yikes!





I haven't been the president of anything since I was in the Laurels YW class eons ago. This is all a bit overwhelming, but I can say I'm really glad I had a few months to be in Primary as the music leader so I'd know how in the world it works.

We live in a very transient ward, with a very small base of stable families and a large population of BYU married students. So the turnover is huge, about 3x a year. This happens to be one of those times, so I'm stepping into this with basically needing to redo the entire Primary. Makes my head hurt. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel for you! We live in a very transient ward also, although not nearly so large. In fact, it's hard just to keep our ward staffed with our small numbers and frequent move ins/outs. I'm very glad I haven't been called to be the president of anything yet, only counselors so far. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete