Monday, March 10, 2008

Moving Along

Well, as the deadline to finish our addition draws closer, its easier to see progress. Today we had the sheetrock hanging/texturing guy over to give us a bid and the electrician was here working all day. He will be back to finish up tomorrow. As soon as he finishes and we get our framing inspection we can put up the insulation and we'll be ready when the "Muddy Boys" show up to sheetrock next Monday.

Can I just tell you how exciting this is to me? The end of this overly long, four year project is almost in sight. This has been a good experience for us even though it's been a pain more often than not. I do not believe we will ever put ourselves through the headache of building anything again.

Certainly not a whole house.

I think we'll just keep looking til we find one that is already built that meets our needs/wants.

Or, we'll simply stay put!

p.s. I'll post a picture after the sheetrock is done!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

    We built our house and it was a headache and a lot of work. Funny though, it's been 5 years and it's like having a baby, most of the stress and pain has been forgotten. Not sure I'd ever build again, but lately I've been tempted by some old farmhouses that would need a ton of fixing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that things are close to being done for you! I keep finding houses I just don't want to have the hassle of selling mine so I will probably die here. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see the end in sight! We've remodeled practically every room in our house to some degree or another and I told my husband, never again. I've never been so stressed in my life. He'd love to buy a fixer-upper again, but I long for a new house and we'll have to look soon, we've outgrown where we're at.

    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete