Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday....whew!

Made it through another week. It's amazing to me how quickly they go by anymore. Must be a sign of my advanced age. haha!

The PALMS discussion last night was really good. I enjoyed it very much and was happy to note that the things the leader brought up to talk about were things I had made note of in my copy of the articles/essays. I guess my fear yesterday of not being able to read deeply or thoroughly was not confirmed. I love the reading I've been doing and the feeling of my mind and understanding expanding. It's something I've felt I needed for a long time but was not sure what to do about it. I knew I did not have the time or ability to attend a traditional college, but felt like I needed to be furthering my education. This is a good middle of the road approach for me. It's getting me to think and I'm even thinking of writing my thoughts(scary, I know) without costing me anything but time and there's no testing involved at this point.

Working on finishing up the laundry so that the kids and I have clean clothes to pack for our trip tomorrow. We are headed to Monticello and Bluff for Thanksgiving with my family. I believe that Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday. I think it started because I love the food, but lately I love the fact that it gets skipped over by the marketing/retail world. I love that it's still a simple, faith and family-centered holiday. I pray they never figure out a way to commercialize it. I'm looking forward to spending the time with my parents and sisters and enjoying just being together. I have more gratitude this year for the understanding and light Heavenly Father has allowed me to have.

I feel so blessed.

I am.

1 comment:

  1. I love thanksgiving for all the same reasons.
    I'm so glad you hear that you're getting so much out of your studies. That must be so rewarding to you.

    ReplyDelete