Friday, June 22, 2007

Wyo, wyo, Wyoming?!

June is scheduled to be an absolutely frantic month for me. We got back from a whirlwind trip to Wyoming on Wednesday. Mom started talking about this trip a couple of years ago, to experience Martin's Cove and Rock Creek and honor our ancestors who were in the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies, and decided that it would be good to do before J left on his mission, so this summer was the one.

So, you take 2 parents + 4 daughters + 4 sons-in-law + 15 grandchildren and add to it:
3 days
3 hotels
5 cars
1 flat/blown out tire
2 purses/wallets left behind
1 abusive waitress
1 headache
1 throwing up kid
90 degree weather
1 'broken' swimming pool
4 handcarts
1 rickshaw
1 5-mile trek
and several new air matresses and what do you get?

Sore muscles and a trip to remember! After all the 'happenings' we were starting to think that this trip might rival our Canada trip in '84 (another story for another day) but it turned out wonderfully and I think our little 'happenings' will help us remember the trip with laughter to go with the tears shed for the ancestors we admire and love. I am blessed to have a great family who would make and take the time to go do this together and for parents who made it possible. Thanks Mom and Dad, and my dear sisters and families. I love you all very much and would do it again in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. I think that "treks" sound so great. I know that they are hard but I have heard so many people talk about the real experience. I hope that we get to do this next summer with my hubbies ward. I think it is awesome that your entire family would do something like this. It sounds like you are really close. That is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete