Monday, February 11, 2013

August

It looks as if my last post was just after school had started for the new school year. At that point I was incredibly busy and trying to keep my head above water. I was hired part time at the high school as a sustitute custodian. The assistant custodian that worked with Curtis last year decided not to return so one of the women who is a 'sweeper' was taking over his work while they advertised the position so I was working, taking her place as 'sweeper'. It involved cleaning about 14 rooms a night, vacuuming, trash collection, sanitizing desks, sweeping, mopping as needed.

I didn't mind the work, it's pretty repetitive, so I would listen to music or podcasts on my phone while I worked and I actually liked the alone time. But it wreaked havoc on my homelife. I was gone when all the kids were home and all that gets done in the evening fell onto Curtis. After a couple of weeks of this, I started taking some of the kids with me to help, so that I could get home at a decent hour and spend some time with them. It was also starting to take a toll on me physically.

We did this for about 4-4 1/2 weeks before all the new employees were hired. Also during that time the fall sports craziness was in full swing. Curtis was deep into football practice, games and trips. Cambria was busy with cross country and Soren was playing soccer for the first time in his life. Combine all that with the housework stuff and church duties and it was a bit crazy around here.

I remember the day the new sweeper started.....I said,"Hooray, my life is going to go back to normal. This week will be so much less busy than it has been."

Little did I know...............

No comments:

Post a Comment