Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm taking it slowly....

I have to confess that painting scares the crud out of me. Why, you ask?

I have no idea.

I think it's because I might choose the wrong color--ask C about the color I chose for the dining room! We went with the one he chose.
Or because I might make a blasted mess. Um, yeah, that goes without saying.

But I am slowly learning that this is something I CAN do.

So, although I have a long way to go to be as fearless as Rebecca or Melissa or Kimba (who inspire me all the time to want to DO something) , I want to show you my first repainted thrift store find.
Got this little chalkboard/whiteboard easel at good ol' DI and pulled out my trusty sponge brush and patio paint.

I like how it turned out and I love that the black hides the marker.


Maybe some day I'll feel brave enough to put a brush to a wall or use spraypaint.

3 comments:

  1. SEE-nothing to be afraid of! It looks great. Perfect color for messy kiddos (and their markers).

    As far as walls go, if you ARE afraid, bring home a bunch of paint swatches, tape them on the wall and leave them up for a few days. That way you can see them in all kinds of light. When you've narrowed it down to a few you can get the $3 samples and paint a big ol' square and then decide. And if your husband does a better job picking out the color - LET HIM! And just watch how much he'll brag when people come over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME job! My makeovers NEVER look that good! I'm too messy... :D

    I can never choose a paint color either - there are too many possibilities for me. Good thing we have talented husbands, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kassie,

    Will you please email me privately if you still think you have time this coming week to meet? I'll be leaving tomorrow and I wanted to send you my phone number. :)

    stillshiveringtexan (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete