Wednesday, November 12, 2008

They Set Me Free!

What a cute little ear! I went for a follow-up ultrasound on Friday. At the first u/s the heart looked good, but it was so small it wasn't possible to see the smaller veins, so the perinatologist requested that I return in 6 weeks to get a better look. This time I took Curtis and the girls and Soren. The girls have been excited to 'see' the baby. The baby did NOT want us to see his face. This was as close as we got to seeing his profile. Although later the dr. did get a good look at the nose and lip area. No clefts.
So amazing to see all those functional body parts, bones, organs, etc. and realize that they are absolutely tiny still.
They were able to get a good look at the heart and the aorta and the pulmonary artery. Everything looked just like it should. They measured the main measuring points again and I'm measuring exactly right for dates. No changes to the due date! Rats! I was hoping they'd move it up. They told me that by the measurements the baby is about 10 inches long and weighs about 1 lb and 3 oz.
But the best part was when the dr. said, "I see no compelling reason why you should need to see us again." HOORAY!!
p.s. Much to my Sadie’s chagrin, it's still a BOY! She was really hoping it would have changed. Silly girl.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO COOL! I know you're on pins and needles with excitement! :)

    I wish you all the blessings a mother needs and a safe labor and delivery for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you are done being under the radar! Congrats!! I have been stretching and itching and cramping...it's so fun!!! Love ya-can't wait to see your belly!

    ReplyDelete